- MaleFree-Semen collection
- Seminal collection condomSCD-I Seminal collection deviceSCD-II Seminal collection device
- SemenAssay Kits
- ChemWell BRED AnalyzerMutiskan Ascent AnalyzerKits for biochemistry index in semenKits for immunity index in semenSemen liquefying agent
- SpermFunc Kits
- Kits for sperm-cervical mucus interactionDiagnostic kit for sperm morphologyDiagnostic kit for sperm vitalityDiagnostic kits for sperm maturityDiagnostic kit for sperm fertilization
- FertiMedium-Reproductive media
- Semen preparation media
- SerumAssay Kits
- BredDevice-Lab equipment
- Lab consumables for reproductive medicineOrdinary equipments for reproductive medicine
SemenAssay® Citric - Kit for Determination of the Citric Acid Level in Seminal Plasma
The kit is used for quantitative detection of citric acid level presented in human seminal plasma specimens, while also used to determine the citric acid concentration in blood, body fluid, food and other types of specimens.
Product No.: BRED-005
Packing Specification: 40 tests/kitCategory： SemenAssay Kits → Kits for biochemistry index in semenIntroduction
SemenAssay® Citric - Kit for Determination of the Citric Acid Level in Seminal Plasma (Enzymatic method)
The citric acid in the seminal plasma is secreted by prostate, which serves to form the complexation of calcium ion, adjust the calcium concentration
in the seminal plasma, and affect the semen liquefaction process after ejaculation, as the lack of citric acid in the semen may cause the delay of
seminal liquefaction. The level of citric acid in seminal plasma is bound up with the level of testosterone.
The level of citric acid in seminal plasma is a key indicator serving to determine the secretion of androgens and evaluate the prostate functions.
The decrease of citric acid level in seminal plasma is an evidence for the damage of prostate secretion function.
Also, the citric acid plays an important role in the sperm motility and activity of hyaluronidase.
Deproteinized solution A 1 vial 14ml 1.8116% Zinc sulfate heptahydrate solution
Deproteinized solution B 1 vial 5ml 0.4% Sodium hydroxide solution
Coupling agent concentrate 1 vial 0.2ml 3.1436% Phenylhydrazin sulfate solution
Coupling agent diluent 1 vial 10ml Purified water
Enzyme solution 2 vials lyophilized powder 6U/ml Citrate lyase
Buffer 1 vial 15ml Bis-Tris butter solution
Citric acid standard solution 1 vial 2ml 6mmol/L citric acid
Dissolving solution 1 vial 2ml Lyophilized powder 1.753% sodium chloride and 1% Glycine
Microplate strip 20pcs 8 wells/strip
Brown plastic vial 1 vial
【Storage conditions and duration】
1. Storage conditions
1) The kit should be kept out of sun and stored at the temperature of 2-8° C.
2) The microplate strip should be stored at the room temperature.
3) The dissolved coupling agent should be kept out of sun and stored at the temperature of 2-8° C.
4) The dissolved enzyme solution should be kept out of sun and stored at the temperature of 2-8° C, or stored at -20° C after being subpackaged.
1) The kit should be stored at the temperature of 2- 8° C, with a use life of one year. Once unsealed, the kit would be kept for 45 days at 2-8° C.
2) The diluted coupling agent should be placed away from sunlight at 2-8° C, with a shelf life of 3 weeks.
3) The diluted enzyme solution should be placed away from sunlight at 2-8° C, with a shelf life of 3 weeks, and separately store the reagents at -20° C,
and the use life is the same as the kit.