- MaleFree-Semen collection
- Seminal collection condomSCD-I Seminal collection deviceSCD-II Seminal collection device
- SemenAssay Kits
- ChemWell BRED AnalyzerMutiskan Ascent AnalyzerKits for biochemistry index in semenKits for immunity index in semenSemen liquefying agent
- SpermFunc Kits
- Kits for sperm-cervical mucus interactionDiagnostic kit for sperm morphologyDiagnostic kit for sperm vitalityDiagnostic kits for sperm maturityDiagnostic kit for sperm fertilization
- FertiMedium-Reproductive media
- Semen preparation media
- SerumAssay Kits
- BredDevice-Lab equipment
- Lab consumables for reproductive medicineOrdinary equipments for reproductive medicine
Sperm Reactive Oxygen Species MitoSOX Red Staining kit
Sperm mitochondrial superoxide anion detectionCategory： → SpermFunc KitsIntroduction
Sperm Reactive Oxygen Species MitoSox Red Staining kit
Sperm mitochondrial superoxide anion（O2−•）detection
Physiological&Pathological role of sperm mitochondria:
The mitochondria are the main site of ROS production in sperm. ROS play an important role in sperm physiology acting as triggers of fertilization processes such as hyperactivation.
However, in cases of mitochondrial dysfunctions, there is an imbalance between ROS production and antioxidant capacity, the oxidative stress. In this case, ROS cause damage to sperm structures including lipid peroxidation of the plasma membrane and DNA damage leading to loss of biological function of spermatozoa.
> Analyze the etiology of infertility.
> Analyze the reasons of ART adverse outcomes (low fertilization and blastocyst formation rate, miscarriage).
> Analyze the reasons of low quality semen parameters.
> Specific targeting probe for mitochondria, with an accurate result.
> Exclude the interference of dead sperm, and report the mitochrondrial ROS level in live sperm, which is more clinically meaningful.
> A large number of sperm can be easily analyzed, leading to good repeatable results.
> Required device: flow cytometer (blue excitation).
Q1: dead sperm,mitochondrial O 2− • (-); Q2: dead sperm,mitochondrial O2 − • (+)
Q3: live sperm,mitochondrial O 2− • (-); Q4: live sperm,mitochondrial O2 − • (+)